Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

X3Flyer

Anfänger

• »X3Flyer« ist der Autor dieses Themas

wcf.user.posts: 1 119

Beruf: Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 22. April 2007, 00:22

Blue Angels Jet abgestürzt

Zitat

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A jet fighter flown by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels demonstration team crashed on Saturday in South Carolina eyewitnesses said.

There was no word on the fate of the pilot.

The show in Beaufort, South Carolina was attended by thousands of spectators.

"They were doing maneuvers and generally when the planes loop around they cross the runway and then turn around and basically when they turned around we saw a cloud of black smoke," said Brett Hindshaw, a South African who was visiting Beaufort for the air show.

"We started counting and we saw five aircraft. Four of them landed but the lead pilot circled over the accident sight and then one or two military helicopters took off and went in that direction," he told Reuters by telephone.

"Then all the ambulances and military fire trucks stationed along the runway took off."

Witnesses said one of the six Blue Angels jets disappeared as the planes flew low in close formation behind a grove of trees.

One witness, Fred Yelinek, told CNN the jet went down in a high-density residential area and debris hit at least one house and cars, but there was no sign of injuries to people on the ground. He said there was a "huge fireball" at the crash site.

"It's behind the tree line behind the naval air station, away from the ocean," said Hindshaw. "We can hear sirens in the distance, fire trucks and stuff beyond the trees."

The Blue Angels, based in Pensacola, Florida, fly Boeing F/A-18 Hornets.

Schei*e kann ich da nur sagen trifft einen schon, gerade bei so einer Berühmten Staffel... :'( :(

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticN…122401820070421
Gruß, Fabian :pepsi:

Sonntag, 22. April 2007, 08:20

Bereits gestern abend lief bei N-TV im Banner die Nachricht ueber den Unfall und dass der Pilot dabei um's Leben gekommen ist. Laut CNN war auch die Familie des Pilotden bei der Air-Show. Er flog seit 2 Jahren bei den Blue Angels.
Bei diesem Unfall sind auch 8 Personen am Boden verletzt worden.
Ach ja, die Blue Angels haben auch eine Webseite.

BlackBox

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »BlackBox« (22. April 2007, 08:21)

Sonntag, 22. April 2007, 08:39

:sad:
Gruß

Sonntag, 31. August 2008, 18:43

Unfallursache anscheinend geklärt

KLICK

Zitat

Military investigators blame a U.S. Navy Blue Angels pilot for his fatal crash last year. A report obtained by The Associated Press says Lieutenant Commander Kevin Davis got disoriented and crashed after not properly tensing his abdominal muscles to counter the gravitational forces of a high-speed turn. Davis died in April when his F/A 18 Hornet went down in South Carolina. An investigator says Davis never lost total control of the flight stick in the turn at six times the force of gravity. A temporary decrease in blood flow to his brain caused by the gravitational pull likely caused Davis to experience tunnel vision. The Pensacola-based Blue Angels fly without the G-suits most fighter pilots wear to avoid blacking out. The suits inflate and deflate air bladders around the lower body to keep blood in the brain and heart. The air bladders can cause a pilot to bump the control stick. So the Blue Angels instead learn to manage the forces by tensing their abdominal muscles.

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)