Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 1. August 2009, 07:54

F 16 fangen SR 22 ab, die später abstürzt

Zitat

F-16s scramble to unresponsive pilot over West Virginia
Officials from the 601st Air and Space Operations Center here responded to a call from Federal Aviation Administration officials at approximately 8 p.m. Eastern time July 30 when radio calls to a civilian pilot went unanswered.

F-16 Fighting Falcon pilots flying under the command and control of North American Aerospace Defense Command officials and its geographical component, Continental U.S. NORAD Region, scrambled to make airborne contact with the Cirrus SR-22 aircraft that was bound for Eagle Creek, Ind., from York, Neb.

The F-16s made visual contact with the plane at approximately 8:35 p.m. and attempted to gain the pilot's attention through a series of actions, which included radio calls, expending flares and nonverbal cues. The fighters remained with the aircraft as it descended from 25,000 feet at its highest altitude until the SR-22 crashed into a residential area on the Ohio-West Virginia border near Parkersburg, W.Va.

"The FAA called us for (Department of Defense) assistance when the pilot failed to change his altitude and radio frequency after direction from ground controllers," said Lt. Col. Ron Hudspeth, the 601st AOC senior operations duty officer.

When the aircraft crashed at 9:55 p.m., the F-16s assisted first responders in locating the impact site by circling the area until Jackson County Sheriff's deputies located the wreckage. Once deputies were on scene, the fighters returned to their home base in Toledo.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased pilot at this time," said Maj. Gen. Henry C. "Hank" Morrow, the 1st Air Force commander. "We strive for a safe and positive outcome on incidents such as this, but we lost a fellow aviator yesterday and we extend our deepest sympathy to all who knew him."

QUelle

Mein Beileid den Angehörigen. ;(
Pilot war demnach schon bewusstlos oder tot, als die F 16 die Cirrus erreichten...... ;(

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 1. August 2009, 20:58

Beileid allen Angehörigen und Betroffenen. ;(

Die Bewusstlosigkeit erinnert ein wenig an den Absturz der Helios Airways Flug 552 bei Athen, da war nach Totalausfall der Crew ebenfalls niemand mehr an Bord, der das Ruder rumzureissen vermochte. Und damals sind auch F-16 daneben hergeflogen bis es passiert ist... :(
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...