Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 29. August 2008, 21:17

Zoom-Flight gegroundet-Pleite einer weiteren Airline

Bilder- und Textquelle ist die BBC!

Zitat

Zoom Airlines has admitted being in financial difficulty after two planes used by the company were grounded over alleged non-payment of fees.

The company said it had been affected by "acutely difficult" trading conditions.
More than 200 passengers were left stranded at Glasgow Airport when their Zoom flight bound for Halifax and Ottawa was refused permission to leave.
A flight from Calgary to Glasgow was also said to have been grounded.
Eurocontrol and the National Air Traffic Services said charges had not been paid by the Canadian company.
It is understood to have been grounded over a payment dispute.
Zoom Airlines later announced it had sought creditor protection.
Hugh Boyle, executive chairman of Zoom, said: "Our trading position is a direct consequence of the horrendous increase in the price of aviation fuel and the economic climate."
A Glasgow Airport spokesman said discussions were under way to try to resolve the payment dispute.

'Alternative carrier'

He said a Zoom flight to Vancouver was due to go out on Thursday evening but there was a 12-hour delay in place because of technical problems.
Passengers will be diverted via Gatwick to Vancouver.
A spokesman for Zoom said: "A plane flying from Glasgow to Vancouver last night, via Calgary, stopped off as scheduled.
"Sixty-nine passengers due to travel to Vancouver were then transported in an alternative carrier, completing their journey that way."
He said the "resultant knock-on effect" of that had affected services but that they hoped they would return to normal later on Thursday.
Zoom has been operating flights between Scotland and Canada for seven years.

Wenn man nicht mal die Flugsicherungsgebühren zahlen kann.......... :thumbdown:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 29. August 2008, 21:21

Was fürn Chaos!

Die Zoom Airlines Webseite

Zitat

CUSTOMER ANNOUCEMENT

Zoom Airlines sincerely regrets to advise its customers that it has suspended operations with effect from 19:00 hrs on Thursday 28 August 2008. Both Zoom Airlines Inc and Zoom Airlines Ltd, the Canadian and UK airlines, have started administration proceedings in their home countries. All Zoom flights have been cancelled and aircraft grounded. We have set out details of other airlines who operate the same or similar routes to those flown with Zoom in the hope that this may assist you in making alternative travel plans to replace the flights that you had booked with Zoom. If your travel arrangements have been made as part of a holiday package originating in the Canada and booked through a holiday company, you may be able to make a claim under the TICO’s Compensation Fund. Please contact TICO at 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or email tico@tico.ca should you have any questions or require further clarification. For information on this, please consult http://www.tico.on.ca/ If your travel arrangements have been made as part of a holiday package originating in the UK and booked through a holiday company, you may be able to make a claim under the CAA's Air Travel Organiser's Licence scheme. For information on this, please consult the CAA ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. Hugh and John Boyle, the founders of Zoom, said tonight: "We deeply regret the fact that we have been forced to suspend all Zoom operations. It is a tragic day for our passengers and more than 600 staff. "We are desperately sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment that this will cause passengers and those who have booked flights. "We have done everything we can to support the airline and left no stone unturned to secure a re-financing package that would have kept our aircraft flying. Even late today we believed we had secured a new investment package to ensure future operations but the actions of creditors meant we could not continue flying. Having been unable to complete the investment package the directors of Zoom had no option but to instigate administration proceedings. "The suspension of operations is a result of the exceptionally difficult trading conditions which have affected all airlines over the last 12 months. We have worked hard over the last seven years to build up a successful business but have incurred losses in the current year due to the unprecedented increase in the price of aviation fuel and the economic climate. The increase in the price of oil has added around $50 million to our annual operating costs and we could not recover that from passengers who had already booked their flights. "We would like to thank the many thousands of passengers who chose to travel with Zoom during the last seven years and efforts of the airline's staff. We are extremely sorry for today's unavoidable actions." Both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic have indicated that they will be offering special fares to customers whose travel plans have been affected by Zoom's suspension of flights. Please visit www.ba.com or www.virgin-atlantic.com for full details.
Services offered by other airlines which may be of assistance to Zoom customers:

London Gatwick to Toronto Canadian Affair, Air Canada, Fly Globespan, British Airways
London Gatwick to Vancouver Canadian Affair, Air Canada, Fly Globespan, British Airways
London Gatwick to Calgary Canadian Affair, Air Canada, Fly Globespan, British Airways
London Gatwick to Montreal Canadian Affair, Air Canada, British Airways
London Gatwick to Ottawa Canadian Affair, Air Canada
London Gatwick to Halifax Canadian Affair, Air Canada
London Gatwick to Winnipeg No direct flights. See Air Canada for options to change planes at airports in Canada to fly on this route.
London Gatwick to Bermuda British Airways
London Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale No direct flights. See British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and American Airlines for flights to Miami; or other US airlines for flights via hubs in America.
London Gatwick to San Diego No direct flights. See British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, American Airlines, Air New Zealand and United Airlines for flights to Los Angeles or other US airlines for flights via hubs in America.
Glasgow to Ottawa No direct flights
Glasgow to Halifax No direct flights
Glasgow to Calgary Canadian Affair, Fly Globespan
Glasgow to Vancouver Canadian Affair, Fly Globespan
Glasgow to Toronto Canadian Affair, Fly Globespan
Manchester to Vancouver Canadian Affair, Fly Globespan
Manchester to Toronto Canadian Affair, Fly Globespan
Belfast to Toronto Canadian Affair, Fly Globespan
Belfast to Vancouver No direct flights.
Cardiff to Toronto No direct flights
Cardiff to Vancouver No direct flights
Montreal to Paris Air Canada, Air France, Air Transat
Toronto to Paris Air Canada, Air France, Air Transat
Calgary to Paris Air Transat
Vancouver to Paris Air Transat
Montreal to Rome Air Transat, Alitalia
Toronto to Rome Alitalia

Was da wohl gerade los ist.....

Jeder Pax ist :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 29. August 2008, 21:49

Böses Spiel im Moment mit den Pleiten.... :nein:

Gruß

Dirk
Gruß

Dirk 8)

Flusitechnisch nun in den Rentenstatus gewechselt

Freitag, 29. August 2008, 22:23

Allerdings ist das ein böses Spiel, vor allem, wenn man soo abgebrannt ist, daß man die Atc-Gebühren nicht löhnen kann, dann war doch da bestimmt länger etwas im Busch..... :nein:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 30. August 2008, 16:29

Zitat

Kanadische Zoom Airlines stellt Betrieb ein

Ottawa
Die kanadische Low-Cost-Gesellschaft "Zoom Airlines" hat am Mittwoch aufgrund finanzieller Schwierigkeiten ihren Flugbetrieb eingestellt. Wie das in in Ottawa ansässige Unternehmen mitteilte, habe die Airline aufgrund der hohen Treibstoffkosten alle Flüge streichen müssen. Zuvor war der Versuch, weitere Finanzmittel ins Unternehmen zu bringen, aufgrund pessimistischer Gläubiger gescheitert. Eine Finanzspritze stand zwar in Aussicht, war aber nicht schnell genug verfügbar, hieß es aus Unternehmenskreisen. Dies habe einen Dominoeffekt ausgelöst. Medienberichten zufolge ließ Großbritanniens Civil Aviation Authority Flugzeuge der Airline nicht mehr starten, weil Gebühren nicht bezahlt wurden. Kandadischen Medienberichten zufolge sollen sich auch an anderen Flughäfen Schulden angesammelt haben, wie beispielsweise am Calgary Airport, wo Zoom Airlines noch offene Rechnungen in Höhe von 400.000 US-Dollar habe. In Großbritannien und in Kanada wurde nun Gläubigerschutz beantragt. Zoom-Gründer Hugh and John Boyle erklärten, dass es derzeit noch unklar sei, ob die Fluggesellschaft ihren Betrieb jemals wieder aufnehmen wird. Bei den derzeitigen Kerosinpreisen und der konjunkturellen Stagnation sei dies unmöglich. Die Fluggesellschaft verfolgte ein Low-Cost-Konzept auf der Langstrecke. Die jährlichen Betriebskosten der Fluggesellschaft sind nach Angaben der Boyles in den vergangenen Monaten um rund 50 Millionen US-Dollar gestiegen. Im Juli noch hatte Zoom Airlines angekündigt, mehr Flüge nach Europa auflegen zu wollen. Zoom Airlines wurde im Mai 2002 gegründet und fliegt Ziele in Europa, Nordamerika, der Karibik und Südamerika an. Die wichtigsten Strecken der Airline sind die Transatlantikrouten zwischen Kanada und Großbritannien. Zoom Airlines hat insgesamt 710 Mitarbeiter, davon 450 in Kanada und die Übrigen in Großbritannien.

aero.de ist die Quelle!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Emirates777

Festbrennweitenuser

wcf.user.posts: 709

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 30. August 2008, 16:31

Samstag, 30. August 2008, 16:34

Naja dort wird ja über die Pleitewelle geschrieben!

Hier wurde auch erwähnt, daß viele Reisende steckengeblieben sind, und...............Ja, ich habs übersehen! :banghead: :thumb: :respect:

(Benjamin Franklin)

gruenerdackel

767 - What else?

wcf.user.posts: 791

Beruf: Auch

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 30. August 2008, 17:42

Betrifft das nur Zoom Airlines oder auch Zoom Airlines UK? Das sind immerhin zwei verschiedene Airlines.

"Der Mensch ist vielerlei. Aber vernünftig ist er nicht." - Oscar Wilde

Samstag, 30. August 2008, 17:43

Zitat

Original von Balu der Bär

Zitat

Kanadische Zoom Airlines stellt Betrieb ein

aero.de ist die Quelle!

(Benjamin Franklin)